Monday 20 June 2011

Solo Show

I am having a very tiny solo show at the SIM exhibition space in downtown Reykjavik on the 28th June. I am inviting Icelandic artists to come and talk about what they do, here's the invite:



Invite to Reykjavik Artists
By Paul Stanley

I am an artist from London currently on a one-month residency with SIM here in Reykjavik. As part of my current project I am offering to sit down and listen to artists tell me about their practices here in Iceland. As an artist, writer and curator I believe that art is about discourse, an attempt to find what is common as humans in our separate existences.

By listening to other artists, discussing the links and shared ground in our different practices I hope to give something back to the art world. In a capitalist society where we are encouraged to consume more and more, where consumption is the only means of expressing identity and humanity then an act of generosity is arguably one of the most subversive acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment