Sunday 29 May 2011

VOID VOID VOID VOID



From the 1st to the 30th of June 2011 I will be taking part in the SIM Residency in Reykjavik. During that time I plan to use this blog as a place to document the work I am making as I produce it, as well as to encourage other bloggers (yourselves) to leave comments, make suggestions and send links, images, writing and any other sorts of ephemera that they feel might be of interest to me and this little community.

So why have I started this blog?

Well I suppose first and foremost in my mind is that, for one month, I will be physically cut off from the cabal of friends, artists, writers and other creative types who support my practice through the giving of advice and support (both moral and practical). My first intention is to use this space as a place to explore what that interaction means to me and as such I encourage you, the select few, to leave comment and so on.

Secondly I plan to keep a journal, a sketchbook and a note book while I am staying in Reykjavik. At the end of the month I plan to lock them up or away in some form or another. Maybe by getting a book binder to seal them up or by burying them in soft peat, or maybe I’ll give them to some gnarled old sea captain who is leaving for the Arctic? This blog will act as a balance to this, rather inward looking project. But more about this later

Welcome, make yourself at home (but don’t put your feet on the coffee table, that’s very rude)

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment